We offer three types of self-directed RRSP/RRIF accounts with no annual fee* – individual, spousal, and locked-in. While discussing things with your investment advisor fist will help, here is some information to get you started.
You can contribute to your self-directed RRSP by making a deposit at any bank in Canada, by mailing a cheque, or by calling our client service centre to transfer funds from your IAP account to your self-directed RRSP account.
If you have a registered plan with another financial institution and would like to consolidate all your investments with us, please download the transfer forms from this site or call a client service centre and we will send them to you.
- Cash – Canadian dollars only
- Guaranteed Income Certificates (GICs)
- Shares and debt obligations of Canadian corporations listed on Canadian exchanges, except over-the-counter (CDN) stock
- Bonds and debentures issued by the Government of Canada, a province, municipality or Crown Corporation
- Canadian dollar denominated Eurobonds
- Rights and warrants listed on any Canadian stock exchange that can be used to purchase qualified investments
- Units of a qualified mutual fund
- A mortgage or interest in a mortgage secured by real property located in Canada, which must be land with a building, up to a triplex (note: we only permit non-arms-length mortgages)
- Covered or long equity calls
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Shares listed on a prescribed exchange outside Canada, and units of qualified Canadian mutual funds investing in foreign markets qualify as foreign content.